Cocktail Recipe: SomruS Fizz
A very interesting and unique cocktail, the Somrus Fizz is one that you will want to experience sometime in your life, particularly if you are a fan of Indian cuisine. It was created by Benjamin Newby, Somrus’ brand mixologist and (at least in the spring of 2015) is available at Underground in Chicago.
- 1 1/2 ounces Somrus cream liqueur*
- 1 ounce gin
- 1/2 ounce limoncello
- 1 egg white
- 3 drops orange blossom water
- 2 drops rose water
- 1/2 teaspoon baker’s sugar (superfine sugar)
- 1/2 scoop of ice
- Soda water
- Buzz the mix with a hand blender until ice has diluted.
- Empty contents into a pilsner glass.
- Top with soda water.
- Add a single straw in the middle of the drink and it should stay suspended.
Somrus – The Original Indian Cream Liqueur – is in an Indian cream liqueur made from a blend of Caribbean rum and ‘pure dairy cream.’ It is flavored with cardamom, saffron, almond, pistachio, and rose and can be used as a substitute for other cream liqueurs such as Baileys or RumChata (though each of these have a unique flavor) in cocktails.
Somrus can also be used in baking or as a dessert topping and it makes an excellent addition to a cup of chai.