SōmruS Bubble Tea
Today is National Bubble Tea Day. If you are familiar with SōmruS and Chai, you already know that it’s a winning combination. Served either hot or cold, the spiced cream liqueur blends with aromatic chai for a perfectly balanced (and indulgently delicious) cocktail.
We are adding a delightful adult beverage kick to your average bubble tea. SōmruS is an all-natural, sweet cream liqueur flavored with cardamom, saffron, pistachios, almonds and rose. These are all flavors perfectly suited to creating amazing chai with the added benefit of a little tipsy fun. This recipe is our new favorite way to treat yourself.
SōmruS Vanilla Chai Bubble Tea
- First, make a vanilla bean syrup. Combine 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water into a small saucepan. Cut one vanilla bean open and scrape out the seeds, adding both to the pan. Over medium-high, bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes on low. Set aside to cool.
- Now, cook your boba! Fill a small saucepan with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Add 1/4 cup dried tapioca pearls to the water and stir. Adjust the heat to medium and cook for 5-10 minutes. Remove from the heat and cover. Let sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Drain your boba and soak in the vanilla bean syrup until they’re ready to serve.
- Soak two bags of chai tea in two cups of water and let seep for 10-15 minutes.
- Spoon the boba in your favorite glass, cover with the vanilla syrup and add some ice. Pour the chilled chai tea over the ice.
- Add 1/3 cup SōmruS and stir.
- Garnish with plenty of whipped cream, add a straw and enjoy!