Somrus Chai Curry
Being a curry lover is the easiest thing because it simply tastes so good! No bland flavors to be found, especially when you’re adding in some Somrus Chai Cream Liqueur. We find curry so inspiring because there can be so many variations.
Making this dish in the comfort of your own kitchen signals home and attempting new and interesting variations of curry soothes the soul.
Delight your friends & family, or even just yourself, with this flavorful take:
1 pound shrimp (peeled and deveined)
½ large onion chopped
2 tbsp red curry paste
2 bell peppers chopped
2 tsp freshly grated ginger
2 garlic cloves minced
6 oz Somrus Chai
6 oz coconut milk
1 tbsp cornstarch
Fresh chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Add 2 teaspoons of canola oil on high heat in a large skillet.
- Add shrimp and cook for 1 minute on each side then remove the shrimp from the pan.
- Add 2 more teaspoons of canola oil on medium heat to the large skillet and add the onions.
- Cook the onions for 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the red curry paste, bell peppers, freshly grated ginger and garlic cloves.
- Stir well, letting cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in the coconut milk, Somrus Chai, and cornstarch to thicken.
- After that comes to a boil, add the shrimp back to the large skillet.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
Serve over rice; yields 4 servings.