New Years Eve Cocktail
Cheers to the New Year with a pop(sicle), fizz, clink! Tradition dictates that bubbly champagne is the toast of the town on New Year’s Eve – but this year we are putting a new twist on the celebratory bubbles.
Boozy popsicles are a huge trend right now, and Somrus is the perfect ingredient for this tasty adult treat!
Somrus Poptails and Champagne
- 1 white chocolate pudding batch
- 5 oz Malibu Rum
- 4 oz Somrus
- 1 Bottle of Champagne
- Popsicle Molds (we used this set)
- Coupe Champagne Glasses
- Place 1 white chocolate pudding batch, 5 oz Malibu Rum and 4 oz Somrus in a blender and combine.
- Turn your freezer to the coldest setting and clear a flat surface to put the molds on. Prepare ahead, allow for plenty of freezing time and avoid opening the freezer often. Poptails take longer to freeze because of the alcohol content — we recommend 12 hours!
- Carefully pour the poptail mix into the molds and place in the freezer.
- After one hour, take the molds out and place the popsicle sticks in, then immediately put back in the freezer.
- After 12 hours, it’s time to unmold! You have to take care when unmolding poptails because the alcohol in them makes them more delicate. These silicone molds work best – all you need to do is push them out.
- Keep the poptails in their molds as long as possible to prevent freezer burn. It is best to serve poptails as soon as possible after unmolding, but if you need to store them, wrap them individually in cling film (plastic wrap) and store in the freezer in an airtight freezer bag. They taste best within a week of making.
- Place your poptail in a coupe champagne glass and top with champagne!
- Serve immediately and don’t forget to share on social media! #EnjoySomrus